Translate

15 Jul 2012

SHOW me the MONEY!!!!

I made my 1st money envelop for Rakshabandhan, which is on 2nd Aug (a Hindu festival for siblings, where sister ties a decorated thread called Rakhi on her brother's wrist, as a symbol of responsibility that she bestows on him to protect her and in return, he showers her with money/gifts/sweets,etc for this homour).
I made this for myself, to it give to my Mom, who will load it with cash and hand it to my younger brother to give it to me. (YES! :-D)

a still of Rakshabandhan
I started by cutting out the shape of the envelop on an orange chart paper. On the front of the envelop, I printed a peacock stencil and then hand cut it. 
On the inside of envelop, I pasted green and golden Chinese silk paper. Before pasting it inside, I spread golden glitter on the backside of the Chinese paper(the side peeping from the peacock).
I choose very Indian festive colors and as peacock is India's national bird and is associated with feminine beauty, it made sense to choose it, instead of any other stencil for the occasion.
And the envelop is ready to be loaded with LOT of CASH!!!



 -May ART be with you©

13 comments:

  1. Wow, love the idea. Chinese paper look awesome.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, sorry for the delayed reply...thanks so much...im glad you liked it...

      Delete
  2. Chinese paper is perfect!!! Beautiful envelope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iza...sorry for the delayed reply...

      Delete
  3. I love the peacock. What an interesting (and profitable!) ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you have cut the peacock is fantastic!
    and Thank You for the sweet comment on my blog! And about time management...if you had a kiddo like mine who would rather craft than play you would be crafting lots too!!Only half the things we make I blog about!
    PS : Please do turn off word verification. Blogger is asking for double word verification and it is getting a bit difficult deciphering it all
    Turn off word verification but enable comment moderation to prevent spam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doc!!!

      I have turned off the word verification(didn't know it was on)

      You are fortunate to have a kid who loves craft so much...

      God Bless....

      Delete
  5. I love this! What a sweet ritual. And you did a fantastic job on the envelope. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,

      Thanks soo much...its the best Hindu ritual, as I make loads of money in one day!!! hehheheh...

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey,

      Thanks so much, i really appreciate you stopping by...

      Delete
  7. LOvely! very neatly cut. smart sister...u know ultimately it's going to be with you;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Avni,

      Thanks so much...i love rakshabandhan, its my favourite festival {and you know why ;-)}

      Delete